And suffice to say, it is FAR from complete. It’s just a few tidbits of what I’ve garnered in my 46+ years of existence. Some of you will gripe. I don’t care……you’re mad because I’m right.
10. Cook all you want…but a man prefers sex over biscuits any day of the week. The key to a man’s heart is comprised of many different things. cooking for him is at the bottom of that totem pole.
9. the tomboy/girl next door thing is cute, but your man still wants a lady. Keep rocking ballcaps and tennis shoes if you want. You’ll find yourself in the dugout being replaced by a new catcher at home plate. (no pun intended).
8. His friends aren’t really “your” friends. He doesn’t trust them like you think. There are rules and levels in the camaraderie of men. Especially his drinking buddies. Use common sense, before you find yourself in an awkward situation.
7. It really is all about the “Presentation”. the hippie movement isn’t making a comeback and you’re not from some obscure European country. groom yourself….muttonchops on the inner thigh is nasty.
6. Your BFF of many years will sleep with your man and go shopping with you the very next day. Yep, there are women like this, and the funny part is that they aren’t skanky or slutty. They want to test drive what you have. plain and simple. sad, but true.
5. If you don’t want to raise a dysfunctional son:
a. don’t separate him from his father (a good father) even in a divorce.
b. don’t bad mouth the father within earshot of your child.
Why? because once you crush a boy’s hero…once you remove his mentor, his blueprint to life, who is he going to learn from? you? no offense single moms, you don’t have the kahunas to turn a boy into a real man…there must be a male role model in his life. Trust me, unbeknownst to you, there will be a deficiency.
4. Do not bring your dates around your children too soon. that’s such a great example of relationship building. Your daughter will mimic you, and your son will assume you’re easy. (and that’s putting it nicely). Oh, and the kids will tell their father, who will roll up on your new beau at the most inopportune time.
3. Number four leads into three…Just like sons need fathers, daughters need their mothers. you are her blueprint to womanhood. She’s watching you and mimicking all of your actions….ALL OF THEM. the phrase, “do as I say, not as I do” is null and void. so it goes without saying, if you’re on the pole….
2. Feminism…for the most part, is cool if you’re a lesbian or a bitch. (I can hear emails flooding my inbox now).
1. Feminism and independence go hand in hand. and too much of that said independence will usurp your man’s headship. Doing this WILL cause him to resent you. He’s going to feel castrated. Yeah, I grew up old school, but far from chauvinistic as you probably have formed that opinion of me already, I don’t care. Look, if you’re really feeling incensed over what I’ve written, let me soothe your ruffled feather a bit. Even though I grew up in the bible belt, I’m not churchy and have never been given to quoting biblical references. Generally, I let my actions speak for me, but… 1 Corinthians 11:3 ” Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of every woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
As I said before, this list is far from complete. But if you only take one thing from this blog, make sure you understand that raising your children APPROPRIATELY comes first. As a man, my goal is to ensure my son is prepared in all aspects of life. To make his journey easier than mine, to tutor him on life’s trek. Ladies…THAT IS THE LEAST YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR DAUGHTERS.
June 23, 2010 | Categories: cheating, common sense, dating game, friends, funny, jealousy, life, life in review, love affairs, men, midlife, mothers, online dating, people, rants, relationships, self reflection, sex, social networking, society, Uncategorized, unwritten rule, women | Tags: buddies, common sense, dating, dating game, funny, life, love, men, mothers, people, relationships, unwritten rule, women | 3 Comments